Lead Developer - Technology
Posted on Oct 28, 2020 by Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
The Lead Java Developer will work on a large agile team within FINRAs Enterprise Data Platforms group. This team develops the cloud-based platform for financial industry qualifications Testing & Continuing Education (T&CE). All members of the team perform development, DevOps, testing, and operational support tasks. In the Lead Developer position we're looking for someone who is equal parts mentor and developer. This role helps act on opportunities for team efficiency and improving team velocity.
- Deliver high quality, highly reliable software code for a Java-based API-first product
- Analyze requirements to come-up with the application design/architectural patterns
- Take ownership of code through the entire SDLC including development, testing, and production
- Work with QA and development team to ensure work is of the highest quality and is aligned with product standards
- Active in executing and continuously improving the teams CI/CD process
- Assess current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process and software improvements
- Keep up with evolving AWS service offerings and help the team select and integrate with new services as applicable
- Support application users by developing documentation and assisted tools
- Mentor and supervise junior staff in project-level tasks.
- Participate in external process improvement committees as a Development representative.
- Provide backup coverage for Delivery Lead.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
- Ensure all work products meets/exceeds FINRA standards.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least seven (7) years of related experience, or equivalent training and/or work experience; Master's degree and past Financial Services industry experience preferred.
Demonstrated technical expertise in Object Oriented and database technologies/concepts which resulted in deployment of enterprise quality solutions.
Past experience with developing enterprise quality solutions in an iterative or Agile environment.
Extensive knowledge of industry leading software engineering approaches including Test Automation, Build Automation and Configuration Management frameworks.
Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improved the quality of work products.
Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge of C++ programming language preferred.
Work is normally performed in an office environment. Occasional travel and extended hours may be required.