Posted on Oct 28, 2020 by Pushnami
Named the #1 Fastest-Growing Company in Central Texas | Austin Business Journal
Pushnami, a leading digital marketing software provider based in Austin, TX. Our company offers its clients unparalleled performance through machine learning-enabled messaging solutions. Pushnami builds technologies on the forefront of the latest online notification technologies. The system currently delivers over 650 million unique messages per day and is live on more than 20,000 enterprise websites globally.
We are hiring a Staff Accountant to come play a vital role within the Companys accounting function as we grow and scale the business.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will leverage your accounting/GAAP education and experience to own the day to day functions. In addition to ongoing ownership of daily accounting activities, you will assist the Financial Controller in process improvement, internal control optimization, and overall automation. As such, youll have the opportunity to help shape the foundation of the accounting team and youll play a vital role in helping the Company scale during rapid growth.
We are in high growth mode and need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty. If you are passionate about accounting and looking for an opportunity to learn, build, optimize, and grow, Pushnami is the place for you.
* Perform all activities related to accounts receivable including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
* Own the full process of tracking, reporting and recognition of operating expenses, in accordance with GAAP
* Participate in the month-end close process with preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for financial statement accounts
* Proactively assess current systems and processes and help drive overall process improvement
* Assist in the annual financial statement audit
* Assist with other special projects, as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred and/or equivalent experience
* 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience
* Strong understanding of GAAP
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Experience in QuickBooks and Salesforce preferred
* Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures is a plus
* Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
* Detail-oriented, self-starter who takes pride in the quality of your work
* Curious and always asking why? and how can we do this better?
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Team player, strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, professionalism, attention to detail, flexibility and dependability
What you'll love about us:
* We are self-funded and profitable (and growing fast)
* We were named one of Inc Magazines 2020 Best Place to Work & Builtin Austins 2020 Best Places to Work in Austin, Best Perks & Benefits, and Best Paying List.
* Lots of room for growth we empower our people then get out of their way
* Fun we're passionate and enjoy what we do
* Empathy - we care about our employees and our customers
Pushnami Employment Benefits:
* A competitive base salary plus bonuses
* Full Medical and Dental PPO Insurance that is 100% paid for by the company
* 401k Retirement Plan - Fully matched up to 6%
* Flexible work schedule that is based on performance rather than time
* Unlimited paid vacation after one year of employment
* Relaxed dress code and open office environment
* Full stocked break room, breakfast taco Tuesday, catered lunches Monday - Thursday
* A supportive culture that encourages health and personal improvement
Pushnami was built on the principles of positivity and acceptance. We strive to build an inclusive work environment that uses our success to make a genuine impact on the community around us. No employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
*HOW ARE WE NAVIGATING WORK DURING COVID?*
While we would love to have everyone back in the office, employee health and safety is our top priority.
Our team will continue to conduct employee well-being check-ins, provide additional remote perks and benefits and allow all employees to work virtually for the remainder of 2020.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.