Senior Director Business Data Architect
Posted on Oct 26, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Senior Director Business Data Architect. This role will be responsible to lead the strategic direction for business information architecture, metadata management, business data architecture, and data strategy functions. This person will need to be proficient and have proven experience in Cloud concepts including Data Virtualization, Data Lake, Data Ingestion, etc. They need to have 8+ years of management experience and 15+ years of experience in a similar role.
- We build the Single-Family Business Glossary which is the authoritative source of business metadata for all Single-Family data, to build and foster common language across Single-Family
- We create the Business Information Model (BIM) which is a business conceptual model of Single-Family data, to establish a common view of the corresponding entities, their attributes, and their relationships which are shared and used across Single-Family.
- We drive the Data Strategy and Strategic Road Map in collaboration with our IT partners for migrating our data capabilities to be Cloud-native.
- We represent the Single-Family business in creation of a world class data platform in the cloud and lead the transition and/or modernization of existing data assets.
- Lead the strategic direction for business information architecture, metadata management, business data architecture, and data strategy functions.
- Lead the strategy and migration approach of the Single-Family data ecosystem to be modernized using cloud-native technologies.
- Evangelize the data strategy and corresponding strategic roadmaps to help the organization understand the data transformation journey and actively engage in it.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction on behalf of Single-Family business for the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) program, program to adhere to and meet the data management requirements set forth by its regulator, Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA).
- Collaborate with business and IT partners to develop and utilize information architecture, inclusive of conceptual/logical data modelling capabilities and data lineage capabilities, in support of achieving business tactical and strategic goals and objectives.
- Typically has 15+ years of relevant experience and 8+ years of management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading data modernization efforts using Cloud native technologies
- Proficient and proven experience in Cloud concepts including Data Virtualization, Data Lake, Data Ingestion, etc.
- Experience in leading a Data Strategy and Business Data Architecture function
- Experience with leading a Metadata Management function and business information modelling techniques (eg, conceptual and logical data modelling in relational and non-relational structures)
- Experience with leading and implementing data management best practices within a business operational environment