Senior Software Quality and Automation Engineer
Posted on Oct 26, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer with Python experience. Candidate is responsible for developing, modifying, enhancing and implementing customized automated testing frameworks and tools from the ground up, as well as developing and executing test plans and test cases for highly complex technical assignments.
- Collect and analyze system requirements to derive effective solutions for effective testing of both software components and integrated systems. Use business and technical development knowledge to propose high-level technical and procedural solutions. Deliver high-quality solutions and designs.
- Collaborate within cross-functional team to develop high efficiency testing script engines, execution frameworks, and verification reporting.
- Independently research and resolve highly complex technical problems.
- Collaborate and develop productive working relationships with members of the development team and Systems staff. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing on both a business and technical level.
- Self-manage assigned projects, and may lead projects and project teams as assigned to ensure successful completion in designated time frames. Mentor and share knowledge with less-experienced team members. Contribute to project plans by identifying tasks, estimating time and work efforts.
- Effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools, and methodologies to support the needs of the business. Analyze and recommend technologies and tools to improve efficiency and quality of the development process, increase productivity, availability and performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced level skills with the following languages and/or technologies required:
- Jenkins, Selenium, Docker, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Jira, Zephyr or similar test management software
- Python and frameworks for running tests written in Python
- MySQL, Postgres or Oracle DB
- Network and Messaging protocols
- Web Applications, RESTful Web Services
- Linux, Windows
- Use of development process guidelines including Scrum and Kanban
- Create fully automated build, test and deployment infrastructure and process for projects developed in C++, C#, Java and Python for both Linux and Windows platforms, including databases, APIs and GUIs; install and configure Jenkins, Docker, Selenium and integrate with Bitbucket, Artifactory and Jira;
- Work with development, data, infrastructure, project management and business teams to define, document and implement a software quality assurance methodology and process within the department;
- Plan/manage/prioritize work to meet objectives of multiple or competing priorities/projects; work concurrently on complex activities and tasks to accomplish goals; meet individual and/or team goals for a quality, on-time outcome; allocate and utilize time efficiently to complete work on schedule; shift focus quickly relative to changing priorities; identify and communicate potential conflicts that may impact commitments;
- Identify problems and collect relevant information for analysis; apply tools and logic to diagnose and develop theories on possible causes; look for root causes, not just symptoms; use judgment and experience to complement data; develop practical and relevant solutions; seek expertise or escalate problems when appropriate;
- Work cooperatively in group situations; offer assistance and support to co-workers; balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback;
- Write in a concise and precise form appropriate for technical documentation; create clearly-written, organized documents and correspondence; evaluate documents and proofread/edit for structure, clarity, syntax, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, IT, or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in full life cycle software development in a professional environment with focus on QA Automation.
Experience working in the financial industry preferred.