C++ Developer - Partial remote/local candidates only
Posted on Oct 26, 2020 by Schuback Search Associates
This well-established company is looking to hire a Polyglot self-starter who can work independently but remain open to collaborating with other team members and members of other teams, both in terms of seeking help and providing help. The goal is to find a talented, bright, and curious Engineer who can leverage the below skills in order to perform the necessary responsibilities, which equate to success in this environment. This is not just a C++ Shop; they use the best tools for the job and each product is different, so they need individuals who can adapt to change and learn new skills.
1. Self-Management, Project Management, Benchmarking
2. Continuous learning
3. Constructing and designing software by writing robust code
4. Providing comprehensive tests, including unit tests and system-level or integration tests as needed, in parallel with actual code delivery
5. Documenting work including daily and weekly reports as well as assembling product demos Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or another relevant field, as well as 4+ years of professional experience with C++.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of any of the following are preferred: Python, Scala, Linux Networking, Concurrent Programming, Multithreading
3. Initiative to rapidly learn new skills and assume project ownership
4. Experience programming at any level within the system hierarchy (physical, Kernel, user); Embedded firmware experience a plus
5. Ability to write technical reports and describe technical progress
6. Ability to apply the Scientific Method to software engineering
Candidates should be local to the Baltimore area, able to work onsite 2 days per week. Not available for contract, C2C or 100% remote.
What You'll Love About This company
Work Life Balance: Whole-hearted belief that your work should empower your life and your life should empower your work!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available
Take Time for Yourself: Flexible PTO plan aimed to make sure employees are able to recharge
Plan for the Future: 401(k) with a generous company match Professional Development: Employees are encouraged to utilize resources to challenge and grow their skills