Posted on Oct 26, 2020 by Pontoon
Investment Banking Client
Dublin (Remote working considered for applicants based in Ireland)
12 Month contract (Maternity Cover)
The successful applicant will work on the legal team currently comprising four company lawyers and a legal assistant. The work will include the provision of the following legal services:
- Advice on all depositary/trustee/fund administration issues;
- Negotiation and settling of Depositary and Fund Administration Agreements and all ancillary agreements;
- Analysis of implications of EU and domestic legislation and regulations affecting the business;
- Structuring of specialist funds (such as hedge funds, money market funds, master/feeder funds), reviewing and drafting of all fund documentation to include prospectuses, constitutional documentation and material contracts;
- Liaison with domestic and foreign regulators and lawyers in relation to all of the foregoing and in relation to fund registration requirements;
- Reviewing IT contracts, maintenance/licence agreements and other service contracts
- Providing company secretarial support.
- The candidate should have a mix of general company/commercial and financial services experience. It is desirable for the candidate to be familiar with the UCITS and AIFM Directives and their application.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills required, together with ability to handle a broad financial services and related commercial caseload.
- Right balance between commercial flexibility and awareness to legal risk.
- Practical and commercial approach and an appreciation of the need to provide practical solutions for clients. Confident, conscientious and willing to work as part of a team and help out on all matters.
- Qualified lawyer with post qualification experience in a law firm, bank or financial services firm
- LLB or equivalent from an approved and recognized law school in a common-law jurisdiction, and a qualified solicitor or equivalent with relevant experience in the banking sector (preferably some in-house experience).
- Experience in negotiating and advising financial institutions engaged in transactions involving securities finance (eg repo, securities lending, derivatives), collateral services (including derivatives collateral management, liquidity services, tripartite control agreements), global custody and clearing, security agreements, prime brokerage services.
- Experience negotiating complex service agreements with professional customers.
- Experience advising senior business managers and control functions with respect to risk, credit, operational and compliance issues.
- Experience advising senior business managers and clients with new product development.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to function independently.
- Highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.