Site Reliability Engineer - 6 months - The Hague/Remote
Posted on Oct 25, 2020 by Next Ventures Ltd
Site Reliability Engineer - The Hague/Remote - 6 months
A large organisation based in The Hague, NL is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join them on a 6 month contract.
Design and implement web applications and REST API services using microservice based infrastructure with the focus of maximizing system uptime.
Skills and Experience
- 7 years' experience with software engineering, software development, or system operations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Knows their way around a Unix/Linux Shell, can write Shell Scripts, and understands Linux internals
- Experience debugging complex problems
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- Knows Python, Java, Go, Rust, or similar
- Understands networking and messaging, especially between services
- Has hands-on experience using source control (Git, GitHub, GitLab) and feature branching strategies
- Has experience with a variety of open-source databases (Postgres, Redis etc.)
- Understand Chaos Engineering