Posted on Oct 25, 2020 by Kent Adhesive Products Company
Kent Adhesive Products Company (KAPCO) is a growing company in Kent Ohio.
Kapco is a custom coater and converter of flexible pressure-sensitive materials. Founded in 1974 in Kent, Ohio, KAPCO is an innovative business that continues to define higher standards for adhesive applications. Kapco is servicing the Digital Media, Computer Aided Signage Media, Book Preservation, and the Custom Coating and Converting of pressure sensitive materials for a variety of markets including medical, electronic, automotive, and industrial. All of the company's operations are located in a modern 120,000-square-foot facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Purchasing of materials, supplies, and services in an effective manner
- Reviews requisitions; confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Matches per specifications and Selects products to be purchased.
- Prepares purchase orders per Kapco's ISO procedures and department SOP's utilizing internal computer software and electronic devices.
- Maintains Part and Supplier records within ERP system including Lead Times, Pricing, MOQ's, Purchase Points for example
- Handles reject purchased material(s) via our ISO NCM procedures.
- Expedites delivery of goods and/or services, which can include drop shipped merchandise from vendor to Kapco's customer(s) and materials required at the Kapco facility.
- Follows-up with vendors and keeps them accountable to promised delivery dates for materials.
- Verify and approve invoices to insure they are priced correctly. Follows-through to insure that materials ordered have been received, examines condition of materials received as needed, and resolves invoice disputes.
- Utilization of ERP reports/dashboards, as well as, excel for inventory/part/supplier analysis to recommend changes
- Insures proper numbers and amounts of materials, and supplies; reorders items as needed.
Education and Experience:
(A) Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and two (2) years of specialized course work in purchasing, business, inventory control, negotiating skills or a related field, and at least two years of related buying experience, or
(B) 4 year business degree from an accredited college or university, and/or
(C) Any equivalent combination of education and experience.