SOA Chief Architect
Posted on Oct 24, 2020 by Trilogy International
Trilogy International are partnered with a reputable client who operates across the Benelux region and are continuously expanding their IT division. As a result, we are looking for a 'SOA Chief Architect' for a freelance mission.
Daily Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of 5 IT Architects
- Drive the production of High Level Designs of target IT infrastructure and/or Middleware architecture in the context of mission-critical complex IT systems
- Review architecture artefacts produced by team members or other service providers
- Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors' design), encouraging re-use and by committing that the design of the system will fulfil the system's requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability);
- Interact with the different stakeholders (representatives of the business, developers, integrators, operators) to gather and consolidate the technical vision, and create the fit-for-purpose operating model
- Support the set-up and maintenance of Enterprise Architecture governance and reference architecture
- Ensure alignment with the reference architecture and systematically consider integration, interoperability and re-use aspects as part of all the above activities.
Technical Experience/Knowledge required
- At least 10 years of experience as an IT Architect
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design of complex mission-critical IT systems,
- At least 5 years' experience in design of SOA Middleware platforms including Oracle COTS (eg SOA suite, Weblogic, RAC, Dataguard, OAG/AAG, OSB, OHS, OAM, OIM, OUD, etc.) and/or in the design of IT infrastructure Architecture (Software, Defined Networks, Active-Active Datacentres, Monitoring, High-availability, Disaster Recovery, etc.)
- Experience in transformation projects related to a transition from an SOA to microservices architecture is a strong plus.
- Good knowledge of cloud architectures as well as DevOps and Agile practices.
- Extensive experience with architecture modelling tools
- Excellent proactive communicator that can communicate complex technical information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, is able to defend a point of view, drive the alignment of stakeholders on a common vision, formalise and raise risks and issues in a timely manner and at the right level, is able to navigate complex multi-stakeholder environments.
EU citizenship is a must!
If interested and would like to learn more, please apply for immediate consideration! Interviews as early as next week!