Siemens DCS Automation Engineer
Posted on Oct 24, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
MUST be able to obtain a Security Clearance Army Regulations 50-6. DODI 8570.01-M IAT I, II or III certification within 6 months of employment
Location: Pueblo, CO
Misc. Info: Chemical Weapons disposal company - Resource must be willing to work rotating shifts days and nights weekends 12 hour shifts 4 days on 3 days off 10% shift differential
Looking for a candidate with BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Computer Electro Mech or Software Engineering. You will be required to maintain security clearance army regulation 50-6. This chemical surety project will last through 2023 will be onsite immediately.
DCS Automation Engineers
Our growing company needs two experienced and resourceful Automation Engineers.
The position will report to the Automation Supervisor/Lead. The purpose of the position is to provide automation support needed for safe, compliant operations of control systems. The AE is to be proficient with the Siemens control system, PLCs, associated HMI, and associated code. The AE is to address emergent issues, compliant with required processes and standards.
As a condition of employment, candidates must favorably complete a series of screenings included but not limited to a personnel security investigation, urinalysis testing, respiratory screening and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by Regulations. Also requires the ability to wear an air purifying respirator for escape purposes.
- Performs/Supports DCS Programming Automation tasks.
- Troubleshoots automation issues to support operations.
- Prepares automation engineering deliverables with oversight from supervisor (eg, temporary modifications, design change documentation).
- Interface with other disciplines, new and retrofit engineering design, submittals, attend meetings, coordination with suppliers, operations and maintenance support.
- Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and contract requirements, for the preparation of Automation engineering design documents, specifications, and system descriptions related to automation team tasks.
- Reviews, prepares, and/or checks engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
- DCS/PLC configurations experience along with experience integrating PLCs into a DCS system.
- Must be able to obtain a DODI 8570.01-M IAT I, II, or Ill certification within 6 months of employment.
- Specialized Knowledge:
- Field experience in supporting an industrial plant.
- Knowledge of typical industry electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/documents (eg P&IDs, single lines, logics)
- Equipment/system troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge with industry wide Microsoft development tools, such as Visual Basic, C++, VB.NET, ASP.NET and database systems, such as Access, Oracle and SOL Server.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction/operating site.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs, VISIO, and other common computer programs.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer, Electro-Mech, or Software engineering from an accredited institution with 3 years of related experience.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in relevant types of automation work (eg systems startup, field engineering, plant operations)
- Candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a security clearance required for this position according to Army Regulation 50-6 (Chemical Surety).