Senior Network Security Engineer
Posted on Oct 24, 2020 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for an experienced Senior Network Security Engineer. This engineer will travel to the customer site and will have the ability to communicate well in front of customers in a pre and post sales capacity providing assessments, network architecture, configuration, design and implementation. They will be working with Routers, Switches, Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls. Must have the ability to travel locally 95% of the time to customer locations and travel overnight 25-50% depending on location.
- S. Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a willingness to learn and be willing to take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
- Must be comfortable with the use of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, IE etc
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as good telephone skills and etiquette
- Experience working with Check Point products
- 5+years experience with TCP/IP network equipment
- 5+years experience with advanced network security systems
- Detailed Understanding of the functional aspects of key infrastructure protocols
- Detailed Understanding of L1-L7
- Robust understanding of networking and Internet technologies and experience with complex systems troubleshooting
- Ability to multi-task under stressful situations
- High reading comprehension
- Ability to rapidly pick up new technology and self-direct study
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Expert or willing to become expert with equivalent manufacture experience with Firewalls and other Networking and Security products, eg. Check Point Software, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper Networks, Infoblox, LogRhythm, Splunk, and F5 Networks
- Detailed understanding of routing and switching protocols
- Direct engineering or willing to attain expertise in Aruba, RSA, VMware, Cisco among others
- Experience teaching in a technical training environment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.