1st/2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer - WALES - Merthyr Tydfil
Posted on Oct 24, 2020 by SystemRapid
1st/2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
We are urgently looking for an enthusiastic IT professional to join our technical services team for an initial 3 Month period. We need a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join an international client based in Merthyr Tydfil (CF48 1DL), with occasional travel to other client sites in the region. Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:00
- Resolve Laptop/desktop and Networking problems liaising with users where necessary.
- Provide support and maintenance for application software.
- To have experience in maintaining networking and Windows operating systems.
- To assist in the technical implementation of PC Hardware applications for use in a user environment.
- Ensure that Software/Hardware implementation follows the change control guidelines, procedures and methodology.
- ESSENTIAL: Driving licence and own transport
- Helpdesk/Desktop Support Experience
- MS Windows
- Target Driven (meeting SLA's)
- Knowledge of Laptop and Desktop Hardware/Software
- Recovery, Updating and Installation of Hardware and Software
- Windows Installation
- Good Communication skills
- Good Organised and attention to detail.
Incident and request resolution:
- Hardware components change.
- Support for incidents and Service Support requests from other groups (Including distributed Servers and printers).
- Equipment maintenance and hardware repair.
IMACD Service - (Installation, Move, Add, Change, and Disposal):
- Delivery of ready-to-use computers.
- Shift technician to the location in order to install the computer.
- Software licenses migration from the old equipment to the new one.
- Computer performance tests.
- Obtain the user approval for each installation done.
Disconnection and equipment package in order to transport at the destination point. Connection and startup of the equipment at the destination point. Move the equipment through the locations.
- Technician moves in order to perform the change.
- Startup of the equipment.
- Performance tests of the equipment.
Maintenance and equipment repair:
- Software updates or hardware changes, including - Mouse, screen, keyboard, dockstation etc .
- Performance tests and equipment compatibility review.
The organisation recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination.
The organisation has an equal opportunity policy in all aspects of employment, giving guidance and encouragement to employees at all levels to act fairly and prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, age, sexual orientation or religion.