Posted on Oct 22, 2020 by Visionaire Partners
Senior UX Architect
Exciting opportunity to work with an Atlanta household name and global technology leader as a Senior UX Architect delivering creative solutions that will be viewed by millions!
In this position, the UXA is responsible for helping internal project teams and external partners deliver exceptional experiences to their consumers by understanding and influencing business requirements, translating those requirements into system and interface designs, validating designs by gathering internal feedback, and ensuring customer acceptance through usability testing.
- Partner with product teams that the XD group supports, engaging in user-centered analysis/design activities throughout the product development life cycle, from the early stages of product planning and up-front analysis, through conceptual-to-detailed design sprints, up to product launch and often following release into the next iteration of product innovation.
- Responsible for facilitating discovery and design sessions, generating proof of concept prototypes, and evolving increasingly detailed design specifications as part of an Agile release team.
- Collaborating with other XD team members to peer review the design work of other team members and co-facilitate design thinking workshops with their XD colleagues. The UXA must also have a strong commitment to continuous improvement of XD standards (eg, usability and accessibility guidelines) and XD tools (eg, enterprise UI style guide and pattern library).
This is a direct hire opportunity. We are working remotely until the Spring of 2021. When our Midtown office reopens, we offer flex hours and the potential to telecommute 2 to 3 days/week. Excellent work environment including a very cool office packed full of amenities (gym, clinic, food court, etc.), casual dress, very flexible hours, 401k match, bonus program, paid parking or MARTA/GRTA passes, and career growth into other areas.
- BS/MS in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7+ years of UX experience in client-side or agency-side settings.
- Experience developing or contributing to enterprise user interface guidelines and pattern libraries.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of user experience and interaction design fundamentals across a range of digital products.
- Familiarity with prototyping and wire framing best practices, even based on previous use of non-core prototyping tools (eg, iRise, UXPin, Balsamiq, etc.) and/or wire framing tools (eg, Visio, OmniGraffle).
- Hands-on experience with core XD rapid design/prototyping tools, like Figma, to develop high fidelity design prototypes.
- Extensive experience following/using enterprise design patterns, interface guidelines, and accessibility compliance standards.
- Basic understanding of motion & material design fundamentals.
- Design-level understanding of capabilities/limitations of client-side technologies used by UI developers like HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap framework, etc.
- Design-level understanding of Responsive Web Design and Mobile First.
- Be able to share URL to an online portfolio that contains work samples representing a healthy mix of complex system design (eg, flows, wireframes, interactions, prototypes) for web and mobile experiences.
- Ability to demonstrate experience influencing UX strategy and show contributions to UX execution for interactive digital work for multiple clients and/or projects.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S./Sponsorships are not available
- Understanding of Web Accessibility and familiarity with WCAG is a plus.
- Familiarity with iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design guidelines. Experience designing for native mobile platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity or proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite is a plus.
- Experience in the financial, retail, hospitality, or travel industries is a plus.