Boat Business Assistant
Posted on Oct 22, 2020 by Cabela's
Provide the clerical support for all boat, motor, trailer or ATV customer purchases in the Boat Department or at a Boat Dealership.
1. Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
2. Assist the Business/Sales Manager or (in the absence thereof) the Boat Manager in selling finance and insurance programs to increase dealer revenues.
3. Conduct or assist in customer closings and funding activities.
4. Coordinate all paperwork involved in the sale process, i.e., create and finalize quotes in IDS, print all closing documents, enter customer deposits in IDS and maintain Sales, Finance and/or Commission logs.
5. Account for all monies received in the department and ensure the safekeeping of those funds.
6. Perform closing activities at the end of the day, i.e., till reconciliation procedures, batch detail report, Daily Cash Report, bank deposit slip preparation, etc.
7. Complete data entry into IDS of all activities associated with the sale. Accurately post all deals within 24 hours of delivery.
8. Organize / process MSO's by entering their receipt into IDS, safeguarding these documents, maintaining an appropriate filing system for easy retrieval when unit sells, and completing appropriate affidavits for requesting duplicate MSO's as needed.
9. Answer multi-line phones in a timely, professional and courteous manner. Direct all inbound calls to the appropriate associate or department and take complete and accurate messages if requested associate is unavailable.
10. Keep boat dealership stocked with all necessary office supplies, including state / local title and registration paperwork; maintain an adequate inventory of supplies and order supplies on a timely basis.
11. Complete and file all required title work and associated documentation. Prepare check requests as needed.
12. Maintain all documentation from the various manufacturers and warranty register all products sold within manufacturer's specified timeframe requirements.
13. Perform other clerical tasks as required including, sending faxes, file preparation and maintenance of customer files.
14. Maintain a clean and professional work area.
15. Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
16. Perform other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent experience
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures, make change to customers and figure percentages
Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Clerical / data entry skills preferably within the marine or auto industry
Good organizational abilities