Senior Full Stack Engineer
Posted on Oct 21, 2020 by Harvard College
* Knowledge of information technology applications, processes,
software and equipment
* Highly specialized knowledge of a specific technology
* Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach,
and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
* Minimum Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related field and
3 years relevant work experience in a Software Engineering role or
7 years relevant work experience in a Software Engineering role
* 5 years of experience specifically within a J2EE focused
environment working on backend web- based JAX-RS or JAX-WS APIs as
well as user interface design and implementation using modern
Bootstrap, AMD/RequireJS, etc.
* Proficiency with relational databases systems leveraging JPA, Java
and web-based applications.
* 3+ years experience with developing and consuming JAX-RS or JAX-WS
* Self-motivated and highly detail-oriented.
* Strong technical/systems design and development skills.
* Strong problem solving, testing, and debugging skills.
* Solid understanding of research data system implementation best
practices and appropriate use of design patterns. Excellent verbal
and written communication skills.
* A solution-focused attitude and ability to apply their skills to
multiple projects at a time.
This is a 12-month term appointment with the possibility of renewal
contingent on funding.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick
days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans,
dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after
3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program,
$40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options
through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as
additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no
cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation,
and complementary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and
many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.