Litigation Legal Secretary
Posted on Oct 21, 2020 by Fawkes IDM
A law firm with offices in Atlanta, Georgia is seeking a full-time Litigation Legal Secretary to join their team. This person will provide support to attorneys in the areas of litigation and patent prosecution.
* Providing administrative support to attorney/legal assistant, including answering and screening phone calls, making reservations and travel arrangements, scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars
* Coordinating meetings and conference calls
* Drafting high volume of correspondence, memoranda, agreements, and other legal documents under time sensitive deadlines
* Proofreading and correcting prepared materials for correct grammar, format, completeness, and content
* Monitoring filing deadlines noted on docket reports and providing updates daily to keep attorneys and others apprised of and prepared for deadlines
* Reconciling and processing financial documents
* Assisting attorneys and legal assistants with time entry and reviewing and finalizing monthly billing.
* Coordinate filings, schedule depositions, conduct research to determine requirements for court filings
* Prepare and draft pleadings, identify, prepare and maintain an accurate list of all parties involved in cases, and determine trial support needs.
* 5+ years of litigation law firm secretarial experience.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple projects, work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines is required.