Lead Software Engineer
Posted on Oct 17, 2020 by Stanley
3xLOGIC, part of Stanley Security, designs and manufactures industry leading physical security solutions including video monitoring, electronic access control, alarm systems and big data analytics for retail. In this role you will join our agile cross functional team to design, develop and maintain software applications used in the security industry including but not limited to IoT, alarm monitoring and hosted access control solutions.
Teamwork, accountability as well as the necessary experience are key to success in this role. The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, strong analytical and problem-solving skills are pre-requisites for success in this role. Our ideal candidate will have full knowledge in Entity Framework(s), Linux/Windows administration, and OOP principles. Networking, multithreaded, and real-time applications are also key requirements for success!
3xLOGIC offers a highly challenging, yet interesting work environment. This position will be an addition to our growing engineering team tasked to build innovative products and achieve the highest level of success.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
- Collaborate with product owner and cross functional teams through all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Lead and coach software developers. Assist with evaluation of employee performance, set expectations and goals for department and individual staff members. Assist with onboarding & training of software development team.
- Proactively learn and act as subject matter expert of inhouse software product.
- Provide regular status updates to senior leadership and project stakeholders.
- Design, build and deploy highly available, fault tolerant and scalable Cloud native applications.
- Monitor, identify and evaluate new tools and processes to improve Cloud platform.
- DevOps scripting, infrastructure automation, build automation and CI/CD.
- Develop high quality code that adheres to best practices including security, Object Oriented techniques and design patterns.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Debug, evaluate and troubleshoot throughout application development process.
- Develop comprehensive documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments.
- Estimate and report development efforts.
- Work with a global team.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a lead on an engineering team
- 4+ years of experience in the following:
- Designing, building, deploying and operating applications built on AWS.
- AWS technologies: infrastructure, compute, network and virtualization.
- Microsoft .Net Framework, C#, REST, Web API, MVC, , JSON, HTML5, CSS.
- Relational database development,MS SQL Server, MySQL, AWS RDS.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Strongly preferred 2+ years of experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Strongly preferred 2+ years of experience with Microsoft .Net Core.
- Experience with IaC.
- Strongly preferred 2+ years of experience with Angular, Node.js.
- Strong network programming skills.
- Experience with developing software that integrates with hardware/IoT devices.
- Experience with NoSQL database.
- Familiarity with Microsoft TFS or Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
SBDCSSAll qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.