Senior Java Developer
Posted on Oct 17, 2020 by Verizon
What you'll be doing...
Looking for a Senior JAVA developer to work with a team responsible for building, deploying, and supporting tools that will enable wireless engineers and planners to build and track future network changes. You will design, build, and maintain different components for the planning platform application. You'll guide the team to implement best practice across the solution.
- Identifying and aligning project requirements and conducting impact analyses.
- Working closely with the business team, 3rd party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
- Performing hands-on coding work on projects to introduce new modular, reusable Service/API or enhancing the existing ones.
- Creating and maintaining detailed, up-to-date technical documentation.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, JSON, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
- Experience with micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and UNIX.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
- Experience in cloud computing, a Rules Engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, web experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our
page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.