Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Oct 17, 2020 by Insight UK
Senior Network Engineer
E Hartford, CT, US
Requisition Number: 78746
By joining Insight Enterprises as a Senior Network Engineer, you will enter a cutting-edge environment filled with the best hardware and software money can purchase. We are providing that equipment to a large investment company located in Stamford, CT. They are looking to hire a Sr. Network Engineer on a 6-12+ month Contract to Hire position.
Please note, that this role will require you to work on-site in Stamford, CT once all restrictions have been lifted in the area. You will need to be able to work on-site 50+ hours per week, with the occasional Saturday shift.
What you will be doing:
* Supporting, maintaining, and evolving the network infrastructure.
* Responsible for external data communications, security infrastructure, network and wireless infrastructure and network analysis tools.
* Strive to continually improve processes and network infrastructure and operate network services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs, executing network infrastructure configuration, deployment, support and management.
* Resolve incidents as a hands-on expert, delivering and reporting on capacity, performance and SLA metrics, mitigating risks and ensuring service availability, assessing, communicating and prioritizing operational risks to network services and operating in a 24x7 rotating support of the network architecture.
What you need to join:
* Five or more years of enterprise Network Administration experience
* Deep and rich understanding of network theory at both the micro and macro level - protocols, applications, topologies
* Strong networking background with good breadth of knowledge across other IT domains (security, platform, storage)
* Broad experience with Cisco network technologies
* Understands and is capable of applying network design and configuration best practices
* Deep understanding of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and common topologies
* Experience managing security devices including firewalls, TACACS/Radius, VPN
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to work well in an ambiguous and changing environment
* Open to giving and receiving direct feedback in an environment where people are encouraged to challenge peers and management of all levels
* Excellent communication skills
* Communicate in a positive upbeat manner both verbally and in writing
* Ability to work with multiple teams
* Fluent in English
What would be nice to see on a resume:
* Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)
* Security certification(s)
* F5 BigIP DNS
* Layer 7 Firewalls including Cisco ASA & Palo Alto, network proxy platforms (Forcepoint, Blue Coat, Zscaler), CASB controls and Azure/AWS networking technologies
* Financial industry experience
* Experience with Python and Ansible
Insight helps Fortune 500 and mid-tier enterprises transform their data centers to meet tomorrow's IT challenges today. From recommending ways to bridge the gap between IT and user expectations, to implementing advanced technologies like ITaaS and cloud, to providing robust managed services and technical support, we make IT relevant - standardizing, optimizing, and managing how business gets done.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at .
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
* 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
* $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
* Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
* 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
* Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
* Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Norwalk || Connecticut (US-CT) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Shelton, CT ||
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
Job Segment: Network, Network Engineer, Developer, Cisco, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.