Senior Network Engineering SME
Posted on Oct 17, 2020 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Our client is a highly regarded Insurance and Financial Services Multinational with significant experience in the Irish Market. They now have an immediate requirement for a Senior Network Engineering SME to paly a key role in an ongoing transformation project.
The Senior Network Engineering SME will work as part of the European Networks and Telephony team as a Network Specialist on the delivery of BAU Support as well as projects of a diverse scope. This will involve working as part of the Networks team, with further collaboration with project teams in Infrastructure Troubleshooting, Mentoring junior members of the team, documenting process, automating processes, planning activities, completing detailed designs underpinned by architectures, testing, implementation and warranty support of diverse projects employing different technologies in the company's operations across Europe.
For ambitious candidates, this role offers the chance to work with cutting edge Financial Services sector technologies for a highly reputable company that will add serious quality to the experience section of any CV.
Responsibilities of role:
- Plans and leads implementation of Network systems into Production
- Work with peers across the enterprise to share knowledge and ensure consistent enterprise standards are maintained.
- Provides technical guidance regarding technology and proposed upgrades to equipment.
- Writes and maintains operating, maintenance and standards manuals, and process documentation for Network infrastructure.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- A third level qualification and/or certification in a technical area.
- 6 - 10 years' experience in a senior technical role in a multi-national company.
- Excellent working knowledge of Cisco WAN equipment. Strong routing skills (OSPF & BGP)
- Good Knowledge of NSX
- Good knowledge of Cisco LAN equipment (Catalyst & Nexus)
- Strong Content switching/F5 experience would be of benefit. In particular exposure to WAF.
- Excellent working knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls (clustering, VRRP, VSX & remote VPN) would be of benefit.
- Certification such as Cisco CCNP/CCIE or Checkpoint CCSE.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, to deadlines and on own initiative
- The ability to logically troubleshoot problems to a satisfactory resolution
- Working knowledge of ITIL
IMPORTANT - All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall on (see below) or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site