Technical Operations Director
Posted on Oct 17, 2020 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Technical Operations Director required for Cutting edge Tech organisation
Your new company
Our client is building the next generation of capabilities that powers their merchant-first ecosystem.
If you're looking for a unique opportunity to establish a Technical Operations organization with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on our clients growth and industry-changing strategic objectives this might be for you?
Your new role
As our Senior Director you will work closely with the leadership team to establish the team. You'll be a "player-coach," focused on attracting and developing talent, but also staying hands-on to oversee the function across the enterprise.
The role will plan, design, and coordinate all operational activities of the Technical operations department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical 24x7x365 business operations - both internal and the organisations SaaS-based infrastructure.
This senior individual will collaborate directly with the senior management team and stakeholders in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and maintain cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Specifically, the individual's primary responsibilities will be to address network operations, information and communication systems, help desk, disaster recovery/business continuity, enterprise/business systems, facilities and co-location management, vendor relations, and application support.
What you'll need to succeed
- 10+ years of architecting, implementing, and managing consumer-scale, geo-diverse, 24x7, SaaS-based infrastructure platforms.
- 10+ years building, scaling, and leading IT teams as a player-coach.
- 5+ years architecting and running large-scale VMware/vSAN environments.
- Strong experience architecting, implementing, and managing corporate IT teams and resources based on Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory) and Linux/open-source platforms.
- Deep knowledge of cloud best practices and capabilities (AWS/Azure preferred).
- A thorough appreciation of automation engineering and modern DevOps tooling, including configuration management (eg, Ansible, Chef and Packer), Scripting (eg, Powershell, Bash and Python), containerization (eg, Docker and K8's), and infrastructure as code (eg, Terraform and AWS CloudFormation).
- A significant appreciation for network design, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting (Firewall/Switch/Router, Load Balancing, etc.).
- Experience with monitoring-and-control solutions (eg, Elastic, Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, etc.).
- Solid hands-on experience and understanding of Active Directory and MS Exchange platforms.
- Experience working with Information Security teams in the delivery of enterprise security standards, policies, and tooling (eg, AV, DLP, WAF, IDS/IPS, etc.).
- Familiarity with ITIL based service operations surrounding Change, Incident, and Problem management.
- Experience in managing and growing, high-performance teams with cross-department collaboration through fostering a DevOps culture.
- Proven track record of leading teams through change, history of motivating organizations to deliver world-class results.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet aggressive budget and schedule targets.
What you'll get in return
Selective and Strategic opportunity to join a cutting edge company at an exciting phase in their development
Comprehensive and Competitive salary on offer commensurate with a role of this nature. Fully remote working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.