Web Application Developer - Back-End - PHP
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by Parker Shaw
Back End Web Application Developer (PHP)
Remote Working (with 1 or 2 trips per month to offices in Northern Ireland, expenses paid)
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum plus annual profit share bonus
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are looking for a career where you will have the autonomy to manage your own work, with the advantage of support from and interaction with highly skilled colleagues?
Are you an experienced developer who can design and build the Server Side code, database structures and queries that ensure a high performance response to requests from the Front End?
Do you have expertise in PHP and MySQL are vital plus experience of MVC frameworks such as CodeIgniter?
As the Back End Web Application Developer you will also be integrating and working with the Front End elements developed by your colleagues so a good understanding of the full stack of web technologies is essential. You will need experience working on modern, complex web-based applications.
You will essentially be a PHP Developer responsible for managing Back End services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all Server Side logic, definition and maintenance of the database structure and ensuring secure, accurate, high performance responses to requests from the Front End. You will also be responsible for integrating the Front End elements built by your co-workers into the application therefore, a basic understanding of Front End technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by Front End developers.
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP code.
- Design database schema and queries to efficiently extract the necessary data.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Understand and translate requirements into technical specifications and solutions.
Skills And Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of PHP and web frameworks such as CodeIgniter or similar.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns and knowledge of Object Oriented PHP programming.
- Proven ability to program complex web-based applications.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server security exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with SQL databases (particularly MySQL) and their declarative query languages.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good communication skills and the ability to discuss solutions with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
If you have the skills and experience required for this exciting opportunity then please do apply now.