Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by Coventry Building Society
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. We're a national society, with local values and loyalty, and a caring family ethos. We're a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer, second in Best Big Companies to work for 2020 and we are currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit an Agile Project Manager to join our Agile Change Practice Team.
We are embarking on a journey to make Change more agile, more responsive to business needs and place the voice of our stakeholders and members at the heart of delivery. We're looking for exceptional people to join us in our Change Practice team, to help us shape the future of our department, uplift our Change capability and deliver our transformation vision.
We're not just looking for the ordinary though! We want people who can 'Be the Change' and have a 'can do' attitude with loads of passion and drive. We want you to help us change and bring new ideas - you won't be afraid to do things differently, take ownership, work with agility and help others to think and work creatively to achieve outcomes.
We are looking for a Scrum Master with previous project management experience and with significant, demonstrable experience of working in agile environments, utilising different frameworks, techniques and methods in cross functional teams. This combined with a working knowledge of more traditional project delivery skills and methods will show the ability to inspect and adapt to successfully deliver end to end projects through our agile delivery teams. A strong focus on Agile as a mind-set, balanced with a pragmatic value focused approach is essential to make sure we deliver the desired outcomes and benefits, anticipating and removing impediments and developing strategies to alleviate these as required.
You will be working closely with Programme Leads and Product Owners and you will work with your team to plan and deliver business outcomes by identifying and agreeing epics, user stories and backlog items based on the prioritisation set by your Product Owners. Costs, progress and scope will be pro-actively monitored against budget and plan, applying your knowledge, experience and lessons learned to identify and mitigate potential risks and issues where appropriate.
As we continue to develop our agile journey and capabilities you will be knowledgeable, enthusiastic and a proactive advocate in helping the broader adoption of Agile ways of working and the value it can bring to individuals and Coventry Building Society. You will help maintain focus and attention on building a culture and mind-set of outcome focus, incremental change and continuous improvement.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate
- Expertise in the delivery of change, with evidence of the ability to work within a waterfall and agile delivery framework, i.e. Scrum, Kanban and/or other relevant ways of working.
- Knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle to support agile delivery
- Commitment to achieving value based outcomes with an appetite to embed Agile and Lean thinking as the norm and helping to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong servant leadership skills, ensuring delivery against commitments is achieved working collaboratively to address any challenges or blockers.
- A team player with demonstrable evidence of strong leadership and influencing skills in a matrix managed environment, ensuring there is a sense of one team.
- A strong and demonstrable alignment to the agile values and principles, including a focus on transparency, inspection and the ability to adapt
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Outstanding communication skills at all levels of the business, with an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to and passion for coaching teams towards self-organisation and cross-functional
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £65k Annual
£38.4k - £57.6k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£40k - £47.5k Annual
£50k - £58k Annual
£4k - £4.83k Monthly
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual