Senior Director of IT & Infrastructure
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by Responsive Search, Inc.
The Senior Director, Information Technology, is responsible for the overall management, strategy and operations of our existing IT infrastructure as well as ensuring we support the Company's future IT needs relative to strategy and growth. This position specifically develops, leads and manages in a hands on fashion technology infrastructure, network communications, user support and provides necessary project management of IT related system implementations.
This position is responsible for both Operational Excellence and Customer Service. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and mentoring a highly effective team, and will lead and mentor that team across multiple technology disciplines, provide management acumen in leveraging existing technologies to best serve the business and to get the most out the investment and replacing or consolidating under-performing technologies and systems.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build a highly effective, high performing team across multiple locations and technologies, including Service Desk, Service Delivery, Networking, Communications, Server and Storage Management and Security.
- Lead the team in developing and deploying infrastructure solutions with an emphasis on operational excellence, service Delivery and consolidating infrastructure across the enterprise.
- Establish and maintain a structured service delivery environment, manage the overall organization, vendor relationships and technologies to achieve or exceed established service levels.
- Provide outstanding customer service via the IT Service desk and lead the implementation of an ITSM using ITIL methodology
- Ensure that the right tools and services are in place to manage, monitor and ensure availability of critical systems and services.
- Work with the PMO to ensure that project management strategy, techniques and tools are used to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Develop and implement change management policies to reduce risk and minimize negative impact to the business.
- Develop partnerships and alliances with functional leadership across the organization to ensure that technology solutions are effective and in alignment with functional and organizational needs.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to assist documenting needs, developing effective solutions and creating business cases.
- Develop and mentor team leaders.
- Responsible for the overall development of team members, developing their skills, their continuing education/training, and developing their career paths.
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies and exploring new trends and how they can be applied to current and future business needs
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for both staff and strategic partners.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, monitor and report on departmental technology key performance indicators.
- Evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, and costs of existing technology and systems, research new or alternative solutions, and make recommendations to senior management as appropriate.
- Ensure that investments in technology are appropriate to the needs of the business, the developments in the industry, and that they produce satisfactory returns.
- Prioritize, assign, and manage a portfolio of technology projects in support of business goals; ensure delivery of projects within time and cost limitations.
- Incorporate best practices to improve existing methods and processes.
- 15 years of progressive IT or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in most aspects of infrastructure, security, telephony and cloud services.
- Experience working with business partners to determine needs and develop appropriate technical solutions/responses to solve business problems.
- Experience with integrating acquisitions into existing corporate IT infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities to meet business technology needs.
- Familiarity with Office 365 suite of collaboration tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of success in leadership positions, including leading direct reports who have direct reports.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes, within North America.
Excellent benefits including:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance