DevOps Enterprise Architect
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a DevOps Enterprise Architect. Candidate will bring a strong technical and analytical mindset required to drive and lead the modernization of the computing platform and IT processes. Candidate will work on project teams as a technical leader and support the development of technologies to automate application development and delivery.
The Enterprise Architect will have a thorough understanding of software engineering and DevSecOps principles and practices. This includes the use of Microservices, containers, and CI/CD pipelines to support the delivery and resiliency of Company applications and computing platform assets. The Enterprise Architect will collaborate heavily with the IT Operations, IT Networking and Security, Quality Assurance, and Application Development teams and architects regarding solution design, hands-on implementation, and process automation. The incumbent will be called upon to assist with implementation beyond the conceptual/planning stages and serve as a key technical resource and lead throughout the implementation life cycle.
- Leading changes and improvements to Company business services through a mix of application, automation, and engineering activities.
- Designing architectures supporting modernization and developing road-maps to achieve strategic objectives.
- Planning and leading modernization initiatives - devising the approach and identifying all dependencies and subsequent tasks necessary for the effort.
- Leading R&D efforts around the use of new technologies.
- Lead project teams to support the delivery of infrastructure, platform, and application projects.
- Developing, documenting, and recommending plans for investing in modernization solutions that will improve organization resiliency and performance and/or provide cost reduction opportunities.
- Hands-on engineering in support of initiatives or to assist with production support as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of full stack software engineering or hands-on software/application architecture experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading technical teams/individuals with or without direct management responsibility.
- Proven success in leading highly technical individuals in the Software Developer/Engineer and/or DevSecOps positions.
- Experience migrating from traditional IT to DevSecOps practices.
- Experience in microservices development and related technologies and concepts (such as Spring Boot, service mesh, and sagas).
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker, OpenShift and Jaeger.
- CI/CD pipeline implementation and usage - leveraging tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Tower, Veracode, CAST, and test automation tools (IBM RFT, Selenium, etc.).
- Experience migrating monoliths to a Microservices architecture with expertise in requisite technology implementation.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Shell, Perl, and yaml.
- Familiar with and taken part in agile development and lean product development methodologies.
- Version control and software repository system implementation and usage - specifically Subversion, Git, and Nexus.
- Ability to present complex technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Experience and comfort presenting to and interacting with C-level executives.
- Ability to initiate and complete work assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.