Supply Specialist/Cost Analyst
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by Schuback Search Associates
This well-established company in New Orleans is seeking to hire a Supply Specialist with experience in cost analysis. Additional experience with pricing and/or financial models or contracts strongly preferred.
1. Develops and evaluates gas purchasing strategies to achieve overall objectives including the request for proposals (RFP) process.
2. Analyzes monthly and daily supply needs based on load forecasts and manages gas supply and storage according to those forecasted needs.
3. Manages daily supply and storage usage to comply with pipeline requirements and to ensure reliable delivery throughout the year. Ensures that storage inventory levels are appropriate to meet peak day withdrawal requirements.
4. Creates supply plans in conjunction with Gas Supply Planning for each area which contain forecasted requirements and storage injection and withdrawal activity.
5. Negotiates and executes spot gas purchase contracts as required to implement the gas supply acquisition program.
6. Performs deal entry confirmations and nominations as required to comply with the associated agreements.
7. Maintains updated information regarding contract terms with pipelines and suppliers. As daily gas supply functions are performed reviews pipeline and storage contracts to insure that the contracts contain the most optimal receipt and delivery points. Communicates to planning group the operational changes that are needed in contracts.
8. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with pipeline and storage representatives and suppliers.
9. Performs all gas accounting functions related to supplier and pipeline and storage invoices which includes verification of data for accuracy and attachment of all required documentation in order to fulfil requirements for approval and final payment. Also responsible for the completion of gas cost summaries reports and reconciliations to general ledger.
10. Generates and maintains all documentation necessary to comply with reporting requirements of State Regulatory Commissions on all gas supply related matters ie Prudence Review Gas Cost Adjustment (GCA) review etc.
11. Works in conjunction with Scheduling group to insure that activity related to third party end users is being accounted for in the daily management of gas supply.
Requires Bachelor's degree in business or a related field; or High school education or equivalent and two years of related experience.
Must have 2+ years of professional work experience that includes cost analysis. Experience with financial and/or pricing models a strong plus.
Experience working with large contracts preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have experience writing grammatically correct routine business correspondence and analytical reports.
Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios percentages and simple statistical methods.
Requires working knowledge of various software applications to create documents, spreadsheets, reports and/or graphics.
This is a direct-hire position. Candidates should be local to the area and able to work onsite, full-time. No C2C.