Linux Systems Engineer - RedHat - VMWare - Enterprise Tech
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by Apollo Solutions Ltd
My client a leading service provider is looking to hire a Linux Systems Engineer. The role is based in Newburgh (NY), USA and is offering between $90,000 - $100,000 + bonus and benefits.
As a Linux Systems Engineer you will be responsible for creation/deployment of VMs using VMWare, building and integrating systems based of business requirements, as well as working with different teams to validate interfaces. You will be also responsible for maintenance and monitoring of development & testing equipment running Red Hat Linux. Troubleshooting with development teams, making OS changes, testing changes and documenting changes for hand off to production teams. Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting of OS, provisioning, email and web-based applications.
- RedHat Linux experience (3+ years) - RHEL versions 7/8, CentOS, or Fedora system administration in an enterprise environment required.
- Experience supporting web, NGINX, HAProxy and email Servers in an ISP environment
- VMWare & vCenter v6
- Understanding of PHP, NGINX, HAProxy, 2-factor authentication, sssd, firewalld, etc.
- Internet server protocols and utilities (DNS, SMTP, POP, IMAP, HTTP/S, TLS, S/FTP, TCP/IP, SSH, iptables)
- Advanced enterprise level skills in Shell Scripting and programming with vi editor.
- Knowledge of enterprise Technologies (Active Batch Scheduling Software, NFS, Kickstart, RedHat Satellite 6, Active Directory, RHEL 8 features, performance analysis tools such as AppDynamics, mail, SELINUX/firewalld.
- Knowledge of Internet server protocols and utilities (DNS, SMTP, POP, IMAP, HTTP/S, TLS, S/FTP, TCP/IP, SSH, iptables).
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with little supervision (email, network, hardware, OS).
- Knowledge of Splunk, GlusterFS, NetApp, Cisco UCS helpful
This is a great opportunity to work in a company with a global presence in a team of very high-calibre professionals.
If you're interested in hearing more, please apply within and I will be happy to reach out.