Linux Systems Administrator - RedHat - Enterprise Technologies
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by Apollo Solutions Ltd
My client a leading service provider is looking to hire a Linux Systems Administrator. The role is based in Newburgh (NY), USA and is offering between $75,000 - $85,000 + bonus and benefits.
As a Linux Systems Administrator you will perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance. You will coordinate and perform preventive system maintenance; set up day-to-day maintenance of production systems. Perform resource monitoring, performance tuning, and scaling of infrastructure as needed. Work with application developers on the Solaris platform for installation and maintenance in both development and production environments as well as document RedHat Linux configurations and procedures and communicate environment requirements to management.
- RedHat Linux 6 experience (2 years+)
- Enterprise Technologies (NFS, LDAP, Linux clustering, performance tuning, mail, syslog, security)
- Scripting with Linux Shell Scripts and standard Linux utilities for automation of administrative tasks.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP internetworking - DNS, VPN, FTP, SSH, HTTP, SMTP, Firewalls
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with CISCO/Dell enterprise Servers and Netapp storage applications is a plus.
This is a great opportunity to work in a company with a global presence in a team of very high-calibre professionals.
If you're interested in hearing more, please apply within and I will be happy to reach out.