Systems Engineer Time-Series Database & Market Data Feeds
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Systems Engineer vacancy requiring profound Time-Series Database and Market Data Feeds knowledge for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- 5+ years' of working experience as Systems Engineer in the financial industry, preferably in Investment Banking Front Office
- Expertise with databases including Oracle, MySQL, Elasticsearch, OneTick Database and other alternative time-series databases
- Profound background in managing Linux based infrastructure and in using agile Methodology, including Test Driven Development
- Hands-on experience in at least one Scripting language paired with knowhow in software development, infrastructure or development and operations
- Programming skills with C or Java along with knowledge of tools such as Erlang, Tibco FTL, Apache Thrift, gRPC and Open AP are preferable
- Knowhow of bank workflow and products data structure is a plus
- University or FH Degree in a relevant field or equivalent IT practice
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken, German is advantageous
- Controlling operation process and maintaining the high-performance Time-Series Database
- Ensuring reliable flow and integration of data from internally and externally sourced data
- Maintaining interfaces for incoming and outgoing data to and from the database
- Managing the automated regression- and user testing for the high-performance database
- Identifying and addressing data gaps and inconsistencies through close collaboration with multiple cross-functional engineering teams
- Administrating CI and CD tools with the team members
- Evaluating and advocating new technologies for time series data management, storage and analytics
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health- and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.