Senior Procurement Consultant IT
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Senior Procurement Consultant
For one of my sector leading technical clients, I am urgently looking for an experienced Dutch speaking Senior Procurement Consultant with at least 5 years experience as an IT buyer, preferably within a large corporate organization for a contract based in the province of Gelderland in the centre of the Netherlands.
My client is looking to interview this week! Therefore please read the full JD below and if you believe you are the talent my client is looking for, do not delay in applying.
You will work within the IT Procurement team. Here you will work closely together with business partners, other Procurement Consultants and various specialists in the field of IT, Marketing, Security and Legal Affairs.
In this very dynamic, complex and rapidly changing environment with different stakeholders, you are responsible to give direction and direction to the entire procurement process. This means from strategy, inventorying, analysing, advising, negotiating, contracting, evaluating, optimizing up to and including reporting the results. In doing so, you take into account the various interests of the stakeholders and relevant internal and external developments. To do this properly you will go through all steps of the entire procurement process of My client's Procurement. In this process you will work closely together with the contract managers at the Business and with colleagues from Legal Affairs. In cooperation with the Central Purchasing Desk you take care of the registration, control and monitoring of the contract in the Procure2Contract Tooling/SAP Ariba. The spend of the contracts you enter into varies from €25,000 to several million.
You create value from a proactive and fact-based approach from functional need, cost perspective, risk, value and external developments. Based on this, you independently negotiate with suppliers and take responsibility for the transfer to the business (functional owner) for implementation of the agreements made with the suppliers. With your team you will implement the IT procurement plan. You evaluate this plan on a regular basis and adjust it if necessary so that the plan is always up to date and continuously improved. In addition, you take initiatives in the change projects within the Procurement department.
Required skills and capabilities:
- At least a completed college education;
- More than 5 years of experience as an IT buyer, preferably within a large corporate organization;
- You have sufficient contemporary IT knowledge and experience: Hardware, Software, Network, SaaS, Cloud, IT Professional Services, Security, IT Risk & Compliancy, IT GDPR and Intellectual Property;
- If you are the Trusted Advisor of your business stakeholder in this area, you do not feel reluctant to stay up to date with changing technology, in order to offer the right connection from Procurement;
- You are an entrepreneurial and natural connector who looks beyond the boundaries of his/her own expertise;
- You are able to communicate and convince on different levels and you are able to work independently in a continuously changing environment;
- Through your analytical skills and critical eye, you can quickly understand business questions and mirror them on price, quality and budget;
- You get energy from cooperation, entrepreneurship and continuous improvement;
- You are result-oriented in achieving the agreed purchase objectives;
- You make active use of your network and ensure that market knowledge is brought in from outside.
Contract: 4 to 6 months + likely extensions
Location: the province of Gelderland
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€70k - €70k Annual