SQL Server Developer
Posted on Oct 16, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: SQL Server Developer
Location: Dublin 3, IRL
Duration: 1 year Contract with extension
The successful candidate will be working at our Dublin office, in a hands-on capacity and immediate contact with application development teams of the Platform group responsible for Back End solutions. Emphasis of the role is on high solution performance and salacity in large data asset environments.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server data stores: row store and column store, optimisations.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server partitioning and file and filegroup design.
- Advanced knowledge of indexes, index management, index design, index optimisations and index statistics.
- Advanced Knowledge of MySQL development, MySQL partitioning and migration of code base to MySQL from SQL Server
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL Server performance tuning, especially around stored procedures
- Acting as SME (subject matter expert) for the teams implementing features or changes using SQL Server platforms
- Advanced knowledge and experience in developing and managing ETLs (TSQL/SSIS/AWS Glue)
- Technical design and implementation of new application features, rework and upgrades of the existing functionality.
- Good Knowledge and experience with AWS Cloud, especially with Aurora RDS, Glue and S3/Athena is an clear advantage
- Good knowledge of query and query parallelism in SQL Server
- Good knowledge of SQL Server DMO's especially around statistics, data store and performance
- Experience with AWS Cloud, especially with Aurora RDS, Glue and S3/Athena is an advantage
- Experience in working closely with the DBA team to ensure smooth deployments of application updates.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving general database problems.
- Experience with database design & Datamodelling (experience with Erwin or similar data modeller tools is an advantage).
- Experience in database source control and deployments. Examples: SVN, CVS, Git, TFS
- Experience in testing/validating database components.
- Experience with monitoring either native or via 3rd party
Essential Skills; Experience:
- 5 + years of design and development of relational data store solutions using Microsoft SQL Server and
- MySQL in a production environment.
- Successful experience with agile development practices.
- Proven ability to influence technical discussions and provide technical leadership.
- Wholistic approach to the application development and strong owner attitude of the functionality
- provided to the customers.
- Ability to comprehend complex business and technical scenarios.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and T-SQL/MySQL.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Industry experience working high volumes of data in 24/7 environment.
- Experience with SSIS packages development and maintenance.
Education and nice to haves:
- BSc computer science/engineering or similar.
- Successful experience with large enterprise scale solutions.
- Working experience or good understanding of C# data accessors.
- Experience of SSRS and other reporting products.