Direct Support Professional
Posted on Oct 15, 2020 by Heinzerling Foundation
Over the past 60 years, the Heinzerling Community has cared for hundreds of individuals with severe and profound developmental disabilities, creating a Legacy of caring. Our mission is to provide a loving and nurturing environment that enriches the development, education and quality of life for these individuals. We are looking for people that share and believe in our mission and would like to join our team.
Great Place To Work!
- High-school diploma or GED required
- Interest and ability to work with children and adults with severe or profound developmental disabilities.
- Previous experience in direct care, nursing, and/or with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but not necessary.
- Must demonstrate an attitude of respect toward residents
- Must work well within a team environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must work every other weekend
- Provide direct care to assigned male and female residents
- Maintain adequate personal hygiene of assigned residents, including bathing, grooming, changing diapers, dressing, feeding, and positioning residents
- Participate in the development and implementation of assigned residents' individual programs
- Properly uses and cares for residents' personal equipment
- Assists with or performs care procedures or routines as requested
- Participates in on-going staff development activities
- Uses acceptable language and tone of voice
- Works with team members to evaluate residents' present abilities, progress and potential.
- Participates in resident activities including field trips
- $12.00/hour plus shift differential for 2nd, 3rd, and weekend shifts
Employee Referral Bonus; 6 paid holidays, sick leave, vacation, personal days; tuition reimbursement; health, dental, vision life insurance; 403b Retirement Plan; Employee Assistance Program
Must be able to work weekends.
7A-3:30P, 3P-11:30P 11P-7:30A
Heinzerling Community is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, part time
Pay: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.