Test Automation Lead
Posted on Oct 15, 2020 by Logix 2
Job Title: Test Automation Lead - Must have experience of the Microsoft Stack (Azure, Cloud and C#)
Test Automation Lead with a strong QA background and who is an expert in Test Automation is required to create a new global test automation strategy and framework. Our client is a global technology distributer, therefore candidates should have experience of performing the role of Test Automation Lead in the distribution and/or supply chain sector.
As the QA & Testing Lead on our DevOps team, you'll be part of a group that's intensely focused on our customers and the health of our solutions. Whether its regression testing, setting up user acceptance testing, managing system integration testing, or identifying defects in the lowest tier, QA Developers provide the foundation for detecting quality issues early (Shift Left concept) and speedy resolution with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Provide Technical leadership and mentor other Quality Engineers
- Lead QA to promote Insprint automation.
- Lead Web Automation efforts within the organization
- Drive automation pyramid and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
- Create, execute, and manage test plans/test cases and automation across the entire spectrum of quality: exploratory tests, acceptance tests, functional tests, regression tests, smoke tests, usability tests, etc.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and adding to existing automation framework for web-based applications.
- Responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans, test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing
- Translate technical requirements/specifications into deliverable test cases/scripts, using industry-standard tools and analyze logs.
- Work with multiple application development, architecture and network teams, identifies, diagnoses, and reports on application issues
- Investigate, track and prioritize defects
- Define regression test cases and make suggestions for automation
Knowledge Skills and Experience
Candidates should have experience with many of the following:
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of how to develop and execute test scripts and test cases through all levels of testing (Manual, Functional, Integration, User Acceptance and Regression) derived from business and system requirements and how to control regression testing baseline.
- Hands-on experience writing SQL & simple stored procedures is required.
- You are operating with a sense of responsibility, accountability, and ownership to deliver on commitments.
- Experience with query/scripting tools/languages such as .Net, Java, and MS SQL.
- Experience in automation, specifically related to regression testing or other manual processes.
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON, and exposure to API testing.
- Experience with supporting a Shift-Left strategy, to detect bugs in the lowest tier possible
- Experience in SQL Server 2012, Transact SQL, Stored Procedures.
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and continuous delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, TFS/Azure DevOps, cucumber, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- Experience with performance tuning of applications and use of load testing tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
- 3 years of experience in test plan, test case creation and execution for web applications
- Working experience with defect tracking software
- Create automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver
- Full understanding and experience with software development life cycle, testing life cycle, and quality management process
- 5+ years of experience with QA and/or application development
- Minimum 3 years' QA experience in Agile Software Development
- Minimum 5 years of experience using test management and issue tracking tools (eg, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Test Complete, Selenium, LISA, JIRA, TFS, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with GIT
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating automation using C#/Selenium automation
- Minimum 2 years of experience working directly in iterative development (eg, Scrum)
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Experience in leading or working as part of global remote team(s)