Senior IT Project Manager
Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by Hydrogen Group
San Francisco, CA 94101
£103 - £103 Hourly
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Domain Expertise: Expertise specific to PLM build and deployment activities and strong knowledge and experience working with PLM software and applications. This can be substituted with experience in large scale enterprise wide solution deployment (eg ERP)
- Operates as Project Manager on Gilead's multi phase Agile PLM implementation working closely with the Program Business Lead, IT Lead, and Work Stream Leads to facilitate on-time delivery of the program phases within the agreed budgets.
- Follows the Gilead corporate project management processes, IT Unity Framework, to ensure that required project deliverables are provided (project plan, project schedule, specifications, etc.) and that they are "GxP compliant".
- Prepares weekly status reports that include project progress, issues, risks, milestones, decisions, and status.
- Manages issues, risks and escalations as needed.
- Organizes and chair weekly meetings as necessary to facilitate the execution of sub projects within the GPLM Implementation Program
- Prepares and present project related presentation materials to program stakeholders.
Duties and Job Functions
- Develops and actively manages project plans. Manages resources, project schedule and budget to meet deliverables. Maintains all reporting requirements as needed.
- Actively manages the execution of the project, including assigning tasks to project staff, managing project scope and project finances, and ensuring the quality of deliverables.
- Integrates the work of large teams and multiple vendors to deliver project success.
- Oversees all phases of the project, coordinating with business sponsors, vendors, and other relevant areas of IT throughout.
- Ensures all deliverables and commitments are met and the project is in compliance with relevant standards and methodologies.
- Proactively leads and executes project risk management and mitigation.
- Orchestrates activities across all internal and external constituents and works comfortably with Gilead IT leadership to escalate and manage delivery challenges.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Possesses seasoned expertise in project management methodologies, tools and techniques and full life cycle implementation of enterprise wide projects
- Possesses in-depth understanding of the SDLC and how to apply it to relevant projects and project financials
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of IT functions and services.
- Is flexible, calm under pressure, highly communicative, and comfortable taking ownership in ambiguous situations.
- Has track record of successful integration across multiple and complex technologies and systems.
- Possesses strong communication skills and is savvy working with both technology and business partners across the organization in a collaborative way.
Education & Experience
- Typical candidates will possess 8+ years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience,
- PMP certification preferred, but prior success on the job is most critical.
- Prior experience with managing technology projects in Pharma/Life Science manufacturing and qualified/validated systems required.
- Prior experience with PLM Implementation is a plus...
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.