Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by Boomin
Boomin is not another prop-tech business. We call ourselves a portal for the home, helping open-up the market for everyone interested in property. We're unlike any other existing business, and we'd like to speak with others who share our pioneering mindset to build the most agent- and customer-centric digital experience in the UK today.
We are building a platform and culture which will rely heavily on shift-left and shift-right testing approaches to software development and are looking for someone with the mindset and experience to make that the best it can be. We are looking for someone to champion, lead and implement processes and technical practices to ensure we can continue to use CI/CD and develop at pace with high confidence. You will need to have a keen understanding of a variety of automated testing techniques, and how that applies to a distributed systems architecture. We believe in; designing for customer requirements, testing/releasing early and often, keeping manual testing to a minimum, continuous improvement (through techniques like root cause analysis), 'zero-defects' philosophy, testing in production, using metrics and feedback to guide efforts.
Testing champion / Internal quality consultant
- Champion test strategy for highly distributed system, supporting both web and mobile clients.
- Educate the team on different methods of application testing.
- Contribute to planning and design.
- Follow latest test patterns and make appropriate recommendations.
- Help to build a consistent test strategy across multiple teams.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to provide support, training and advocate for strong testing principles.
- Understands the services offered by cloud platform providers and in particular Azure. You look to keep this updated particularly around new ways to push quality.
Develop Test Automation Frameworks and Tooling
- Actively develop new internal tools for testing.
- Maintain and improve existing tools.
- Look for opportunities for automation or simplification of existing processes.
Test in Production
- Help to build and execute the strategy for testing in production.
- Support efforts to ensure appropriate levels of scalability (load testing / performance testing).
- Build visibility and reporting around our portfolio of tests - i.e. quantity and distribution.
- Build visibility around issues discovered and omitted by tests.
Technologies / Methodologies
Must have experience in:
- C# / .NET Core (3+ years)
- BDD / TDD
- Microservices architecture
- Messaging systems (e.g. Azure Service Bus).
- Azure DevOps
- Mobile App testing automation (React Native)
- Security conscious and is aware of OWASP"