Full Stack Engineers (Senior) x2
Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by Boomin
Boomin is not another prop-tech business. We call ourselves a portal for the home, helping open-up the market for everyone interested in property. We're unlike any other existing business, and we'd like to speak with others who share our pioneering mindset to build the most agent- and customer-centric digital experience in the UK today.
We are looking for a professional Software Engineer with a minimum of 5 years' experience to bring in-depth technical knowledge and demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
You will have a large amount of autonomy to do what is needed to succeed, a clear and meaningful purpose, and backing to demonstrate mastery of the trade. You will also have the support and freedom to employ industry-leading engineering practices, with a clear focus on customer needs.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional Agile team and work on vertical slices of the product, seeing changes through into production. You will be working in a cloud-based microservices environment, and therefore experience in these areas is ideal.
By writing both unit and integration tests you will develop into a testing superstar, confident that with each release the codebase will perform up to the highest quality standards. During every stage of development, you will focus on security and performance. You will not be afraid to challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions.
The ideal candidate will;
- Be technically adept and have a deep hands-on knowledge of software engineering patterns, practices and architectural principles.
- Be highly motivated, driven and adaptable.
- Be passionate about learning.
- Have experience providing mentorship for team members.
- Take pride in well-written, quality code
- Have demonstrable experience in maintaining strong technical standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to recognise and deliver against business needs.
- Have familiarity with Pair Programming, and an interest in helping to grow the skills of your fellow engineers.