Principal Network Engineer
Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by World Fuel
At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
World Fuel Services, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Principle Network Architect is responsible for the architecture and design of all LAN, WAN, Wireless, and cloud network infrastructure worldwide. This position is located in the Miami office. The ideal candidate will work effectively within an infrastructure and cloud engineering team. This team is responsible for engineering the infrastructure standards and providing technical leadership for the global operation teams based on industry best practices and leading hardware and software technologies.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Design, implementation, and management of typical enterprise network technologies(i.e. VPN, firewalls, ACS, IDS, SIEM, WiFi, Switches, etc.)
- Required demonstrable expertise in the following technologies and protocols:
- Industry best practices in design and operation of large, scalable, network architectures
- Software defined networks, routers, switches, wireless, etc.
- Fortinet next generation firewalls
- Citrix NetScalers
- WAN acceleration
- Expert on key protocols: DNS, BGP, Spanning Tree, IPSec, Tunnels, ACLs, traffic shaping, QoS
- Variety of network topologies (i.e. MPLS, VPN, VLAN, etc)
- Demonstrable expertise on cloud based solutions like AWS, Azure and others
- General expertise on DLP, web filtering, network access control, and other compliance solutions
Minimum education and experience:
- 8 years of experience in enterprise network environment
- 3 years of cloud networking experience (Azure / AWS)
- Bachelor degree in engineering, information technology, or related discipline (significant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Masters degree is preferred
- Expert in industry best practices for network security and design
- Expert at diagnostic and problem resolution
- Highly organized and able to manage technical teams and carriers
- Highly creative and innovative technologist that thrives in a team environment
- Excellent verbal communications and written documentation skills are required
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$160k - $185k Annual
$160k - $185k Annual