Platform Engineer - WebSphere (C to H)
Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Must be willing to work local on site immediately
Looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience administering WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Tomcat. You will support performance tuning, CICD, Jenkins, deploy ansible
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Establish close partnership with the business.
- Work with project managers during scoping and requirements sessions.
- Gather requirements and design and deploy functionality to meet business requirements.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Develop test cases and plans to complete the unit testing.
- Provide on-call support for production applications.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Configure application for the best performance.
- Plan for and apply application software patches.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 3+ years hands-on experience administering WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Tomcat, JBOSS with installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with CI/CD practice and tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Urbancode Deploy, Ansible is preferred.
- Experience with container orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm a plus.
- Knowledge of installing and supporting Red Hat Linux. Version 7.6 a plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QOS and ICMP.
- Understanding of network hardware, including Switches, Routers, access points and basic network troubleshooting.
- Experience and/or familiarity with other technologies, such as RESTful over HTTP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively and excel in a team environment.