IT support (hospitality)
Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Overview: Seeking a Project Manager to provide IT solutions/technical support for computing equipment, devices, and systems. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, have excellent communication, and handle a variety of interesting technology projects for a local Private Estate.
Job Description - MUSTs
- Experience setting up laptops, PC's, mobile devices, and other computing equipment
- Ability to maintain 20 Access Points for a large Wi-Fi network spanning 7 acres
- Provide technical assistance with network design, maintenance, Scripting, SAN management, backup systems, MS Exchange administration, disaster recovery, home/office automation systems, antivirus/security management, video conferencing and media production support.
- General knowledge of Windows and iOS is helpful.
- Hospitality industry experience
- GPA of 3.0+ with strong academic history, recent grads welcome
- Engineering Degree desired
Tech Duties include:
- Programming state of the art home automation system for a 20,000 square foot house which controls lights, security, showers, pool, fountains, shades, etc.
- Test flying various drones and remote-control cars
- Managing and standardizing 50 iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, and other tablets
- Testing and programming home audio systems
- Installing dashboard cameras in a fleet of 10 cars
- Setting up and testing surveillance equipment (IP cameras, thermal cameras, security beams)
PLUS: Those willing to assist the Estate maintenance team is a plus, for example candidates with Facilities experience from an office complex or hospitality industry, that are able to get hands-on repairing mechanical aspects of the estate which includes security systems, gas, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and pool/fountain equipment.