iSeries Senior Programmer Analyst
Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by Responsive Search, Inc.
This position will be required to assist IT Managers and Business Stakeholders with project planning and execution. This position receives minimal supervision/guidance.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Performs and/or directs all aspects of the application development life cycle process
- Analyzes and documents complex business requirements.
- Translates business requirements into programming and database specifications to be used by development resources.
- Presentation of designed solutions to the Project Manager and client audience
- Provides estimates of proposed work
- Assists in project planning and execution
- Tracks and reports issues/project status on a regular basis
- Provides the necessary safeguards and appropriate software interfaces between applications to ensure data integrity.
- Develops and performs test cases for unit, integration, and system testing
- Performs secondary quality assurance testing
- Performs secondary code reviews. Enforces established procedures and practices.
- Assists in client testing
- Directs Programmer/Analyst activities in support of the project
- Coordination with IT Operations to review implementation and support plans
- Ensures proper and complete change management documentation
- Follows Application Development team standards, guidelines, and procedures
Technical expertise and knowledge
This position requires a high level of technical acumen in the following areas:
- Current supported ISeries operating system versions.
- iSeries DB2 database design, definitions, and functionality
- Current supported programming languages:
- SQL, interactive and Embedded in RPG programs
- RPG/IV Free-Form a plus
- RPG/IV-ILE Modular Concepts a plus
General knowledge and capabilities
The nature of this position requires the following knowledge and demonstrable capabilities:
- The ability to provide technical support for unexpected problems without compromising established schedules and commitments.
- The ability to make appropriate decisions, independently and within a group setting.
- The ability to stay abreast of technological advances and industry requirements to ensure the organization has the most appropriate, efficient systems and solutions available.
- Must be willing and available to work varying hours to support the needs of the business.
- The ability to communicate appropriately, both verbal and written, to all levels within the organization.
- The ability to be a technical resource for lower level coworkers, offering guidance, training, and knowledge sharing.
- The ability to coordinate the installation and support of new and/or modified solutions.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks/responsibilities simultaneously.
- The ability and resourcefulness to handle rapidly changing priorities, to support business demands.
- The ability to remain productive while working within a team environment or as an individual resource.