DevOps Engineering Manager - Lead Global DevOps Team
Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by Stelfox Ltd
Stelfox is delighted to be partnering and supporting a fast growth U.S SaaS Solution provider who are looking to hire an experienced DevOps/Cloud Engineering Leader (Manager) for their office based out of Cork (or remotely).
This DevOps Leader/Manager will be responsible for running the Global DevOps Team/function with engineers split across countries such as Spain, Israel, U.S and Belarus who support all Cloud and Productions services that over 3500+ customers rely on each day as well as various internal software engineering teams who deploy on a frequent basis.
As the Leader, we are looking for someone has a strong technical background in running/executing Cloud System engineering/DevOps/CloudOps role while also evolving their People/Team Management skills to build a strong and globally collaborate team.
The company build their product off .NET and running mainly in Azure with other services in GCP and AWS. Ideally we are looking for someone working in an Azure environment however open to considering DevOps/Cloud Engineering Leaders/Managers within a GCP or AWS environment, willing to run Azure DevOps group.
We are looking for experience across:
- 7-10 years+ in a Systems engineering/Software engineering role that has progress into a DevOps/Cloud Ops or Hosted Cloud operations group.
- Operated at Senior/Principal/Staff or Lead Level as part of your current journey.
- Experience around managing/running 24x7 Cloud hosted environments ensuring performance, availability, security and monitoring services
- Solid experience working with AzureDevOps is preferred (GCP and AWS services will be considerated as this is a Leadership/Management role)
- Experience working in a SaaS/Product based environment supporting B2B customers globally who rely on your services.
- Experience leading/managing teams of 5+ engineering/DevOps resources, ideally in a remote or geo-distributed locations.
- Passion for coaching, mentoring or developing staff or engineers in your team.
- High promoter of collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Team approach to solving the most complex scenarios and developing a culture of backing each other.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to lead a Global DevOps team/Function from Ireland/Cork and have a real impact in the company who have growth significantly in the last 3 years. Opportunity to put your mark on the team and overall Global functions which is so heavily relied upon by both customers and other internal product and engineering teams.
For more detailed information and specifics on this opportunity, feel free to apply today for immediately consideration.