5G Core Evolution Architect for permanent position in Switzerland.
Posted on Oct 12, 2020 by RIZE Worldwide Ltd
Core Network Evolution Architect for permanent assignment in Switzerland
We are looking for a senior Core network architect that will define and implement the core network evolution path towards a 5G distributed service architecture.
- Lead core network architecture evolution activities. Responsible for core feature evolution roadmap definition and delivery for all domains: Voice, PS & HLR.
- Be part of a team of architects, reporting directly to the Director, that will be in charge of the development and implementation of the 5G E2E service architecture.
- Technical lead to define and implement new services in the network.
- The architect will have to interact with the rest of the business to set the right expectations, make sure that the network can deliver the services that the business wants to deploy. He/she will have to be a good communicator to influence the business roadmap and ensure that the correct activities are prioritised on both sides.
- The architect will also have to interact with the IT department to jointly define the exchanges between the network and IT domains, and align both with the business needs.
- Project lead. Work closely with vendors to lead the implementation of the different core network platforms to build the architecture that you will have previously defined.
- Work closely with the core network senior engineers. Transversal role within the core domain. Knowledge transfer to engineers.
- You will be expected to be able to do operational tasks like connecting to core network platforms, make parameter changes and troubleshoot. This will not be your main duty, but you are expected to keep up to date and support your colleagues when required.
- Definition of core HW roadmap evolution for all platforms.
- Lead the interactions with core vendors to steer vendor roadmaps and define Salt core roadmap.
- Contribute to network E2E performance improvement activities, E2E metrics and troubleshooting strategies in multi-vendor network environments.
What you bring
- Master degree in Telecoms or Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the core domains.
- In depth knowledge of more than one core network domain required: CS, PS, IMS, HLR.
- In depth knowledge of standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP).
- Demonstrated experience in leading definition of Core network architecture and evolution.
- Demonstrated experience in leading core network implementation projects.
- RFP experience on the vendor or the operator side is a plus.
- Nokia core network equipment experience is a plus.
- Professional experience in the core domain with different operators is a plus.
- In depth knowledge of core network functions and protocols (SS7, SIP, MAP, CAP, AAA, Diamenter, GTP). In depth knowledge of E2E call flows, covering Radio and Core network elements (CS Core, PS Core and IMS). Not scared of 3GPP specs. You are able to go to that level of detail if required. Knowledge of 3GPP Rel 16 related to 5G SA architecture is a plus.
- You are at ease using UNIX based systems and databases. You are happy to perform operational tasks to help the team when required.
- You have never stopped learning new things during all your career. Not afraid of starting a project without having all the knowledge. Resourceful to find the information you need. Self learner, Self-driven, Self-motivated. Eager to learn. Eager to explore.
- Not afraid of changing things. Not afraid of challenging suppliers. You are able to listen. You are able to integrate feedback. It's not about being right. It's about making the right decision independently of whether it is your idea or somebody else's.
- Not afraid of making decisions. You can make a quick decision when it's needed. You also know when it is better to wait as the next step is not completely clear. You have technology intuition. You are able to lead people and transversal teams.
- Good analytical and abstract thinking skills: Able to find innovative solutions to complex problems. Team worker. Willing to make a contribution and to make a difference. Able to work with colleagues and vendors around a white board.
- Easily approachable, friendly, & proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
- English fluent (C1). Other languages are a plus.