Data Analyst (VBA, Excel)
Posted on Oct 11, 2020 by Visionaire Partners
Data & Business Analyst
Exciting opportunity for a Data & Business Analyst to join a progressive international company with a 1st class work environment.
- Spend 70% of the time working with Excel to extract, transform, and report on data. The other 30% is gathering requirements, setting up new customers, working with Developers, supporting reports, and assisting with Power BI dashboards using pre-built templates.
- Developing VBA code and scripts in Excel
- Meet with internal customers (sales team) and external clients to gather requirements. 90% of the time will be with internal customers.
- Develop customer reports (Excel) and Power BI Business Intelligence dashboards using pre-built templates.
- Analyze the business requirements and assist the development team with understanding the business requirements.
- Review and evaluate data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys, and workshops.
- Collaborate and consult with the development team during development to ensure the customer's needs are met.
- Develop detailed requirement specification documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Communicate effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver the product's functional requirements (system workflow, reports, and specs).
- Document the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtain sign-off from the appropriate client and stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the team testing the software to determine issues in services and software.
- Manage change requests.
This is a direct-hire position in the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area. We are currently working 100% remote until next year. Excellent work environment including flex hours, on-site gym, game room, and a top-notch restaurant. When we return to the office, you will have the opportunity to telecommute up to two days a week with manager approval. Fantastic opportunity to learn Power BI if you do not have that experience.
- Junior (including recent grads) to mid-level
- Advanced Excel experience, including pivot tables, FORMULA, LOOKUP, TEXT Functions, Macros, etc.
- VBA coding and Scripting experience in Excel (Not executing scripts. Must have experience developing VBA code and scripts yourself)
- Understanding of ETL
- Ability to gather and document business requirements
- Experience developing reports
- A passion for learning new technologies and tools
- Data analysis
- Self-motivated and managed
- Team Player
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative personality
- Power BI (highly preferred)
Must be authorized to work in the U.S./Sponsorships are not available.