Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Oct 11, 2020 by Visionaire Partners
Senior Data Engineer
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Enterprise Data Organization to help build and manage data pipeline (data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for Azure cloud-based data platform. The candidate will need to possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills.
To be successful in this role, the Senior Data Engineer will need hands on experience working within Python, SQL, Pyspark, and DataBricks, as well as Snowflake laden technical environments. In addition, you will need hands-on cloud experience, with no particular preference to the cloud technology. They must also have experience acting and operating as the senior level resource within a Data Engineering team in an enterprise environment.
- Design, develop and maintain reliable automated data solutions based on the identification, collection and evaluation of business requirements. Including but not limited to data models, database objects, stored procedures and views.
- Develop new and enhance existing data processing (Data Ingest, Data Transformation, Data Store, Data Management, Data Quality) components
- Engage with IT teams such as DBAs, Security, Storage and Networking when their involvement is required to meet the project needs.
- Support and troubleshoot the data environment (including periodically on call)
Enjoy this direct hire position in the Sandy Springs area that offers an excellent culture/environment, modern office space, fully stocked kitchen/break room with mini arcade feel, Summer and Winter Fridays where you can leave after 2:00pm (May - July and end of November - December) and flexible schedule once employees are back in the office. Additionally, the office is located within walking distance of MARTA! Until then, this will be a fully remote position, with no timetable to return into the office as this time. There is also the opportunity for relo assistance should that be needed.
- Experience as the Senior or Lead resource within a team of Data Engineers in an enterprise environment
- 8+ years professional data engineering experience focused on batch and Real Time data pipelines development
- Experience developing in Python from scratch
- Strong SQL
- Data processing/data transformation using ETL tools, ideally Azure Databricks platform
- Cloud Data Warehouse solutions experience (Snowflake, Azure DW, or Redshift)
- BS in either Information Systems, Finance/Mathematics, or Computer Science or similar