Warehouse Associate - Checker
Posted on Oct 11, 2020 by Dreisbach Enterprises
Our cold storage warehouses are looking for applicants to add to our team. Coolport is a 275K square foot refrigerated logistic and distribution facility. We are seeking applicants who are prepared to work in a fast-paced refrigerated warehouse setting. This is a physically demanding job. AM and PM Shifts Available. Monday - Friday or Sunday - Thursday schedule. Starting rate is $17.50+/hr.
Our Warehouse Checkers will:
* Accurately stage and sort products for loading
* Load and unload trailers
* Open and close dock doors
* Maintain a clean and safe work area
* Sort and place product in racks or other designated areas
* Move materials within the warehouse using a pallet jack (trainable)
* Comply with all safety requirements
* Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
* Electronically scan products using a RF devices
* Ensure damaged products are identified and removed when received and before shipping
* Complete daily logs
* Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information
* Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
* Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
* Read customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or worked
* Sort and store perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
* Maintains inventory records
* Experience on an electric "rider" pallet jack is a plus but not required.
* Previous warehouse experience preferred
* Ability to work in a cooler environment 38-45 degrees.
* Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Dependable transportation to work as schedule could change to accommodate workload.
* Able to lift 25 lbs. to 70 lbs. boxes and bags along with standing and walking the entire shift.
* Take direction to maintain optimum quality and flow of loading.
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
* Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen.
Benefits package includes vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life/disability and 401k (optional).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, physical disability, mental disability, genetic characteristics, military or veterans status, medical condition as defined under state law or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CCPA Privacy Notice for Job Applicants Who Are California Residents
Information We Collect and Why:
In connection with your job application and consideration of your candidacy for employment via the submission from the job board(s), we collect certain categories of information from job applicants that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"), as described generally below.
We collect this information only to be able to evaluate your candidacy for employment with us and, if hired, for job-related purposes such as to administer payroll and benefits, for purposes of performance evaluation, and as otherwise reasonably necessary to manage our employment relationship with you as set forth in our Privacy Notice for Employees.
Category of Personal Information With Examples:
Identifiers- Real name, alias, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute- Name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, education, employment, employment history.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law - Age, citizenship, sex, veteran or military status.
Professional or employment-related information- Employment history, performance evaluations.