Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Oct 11, 2020 by Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe s all about. W
give everyone from emerging artists to global brands everything they n
to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We re passionate abo
empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps,
and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating
exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to
equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the
organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
We are seeking a hardworking and highly motivated big data engineer with
extensive development experience to join the growing Adobe I/O team.
Adobe I/O provides a central development platform for delivering, managing and
tracking APIs. The I/O API Platform is used by internal Adobe developers as
well as external 3rd-party developers via . Our solutions support
high traffic, high visibility applications with immense amounts of data,
numerous third-party integrations, and challenging scaling problems.
The successful candidate should be passionate about code and data quality,
providing impactful insights to drive the business. This individual should have
a strong aptitude for exploring and learning new technologies, and the ability
to lead and drive complex, challenging projects to conclusion.
* Lead design and architecture discussions to achieve business goals
* Help to define, build and maintain a common data model for all of Adobe
* Ingest and process raw data from various data sources at scale in the
cloud (e.g. Azure Synapse)
* Build micro services to expose effective insights to other systems
* Partner with DevOps engineers to build out and automate cloud services to
support data requirements
* Work with SQL and NoSQL databases, as well as data warehouse technologies
* Consistently evaluate new technologies in the industry to drive
efficiency, performance, and cost effectiveness
* Configure monitoring for application components using Prometheus/Grafana
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* . or higher in related field, or equivalent experience.
* At least 5 years of experience working with big data platforms, e.g.
Spark, HDFS, Kafka
* Experience designing and developing REST-based services and server-based
* Familiarity with modern design patterns and a passion to explore new
* Strong hands-on coding skills, ideally in Java or Scala, and a
willingness to learn new languages
* A working knowledge of cloud computing, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or
* An automate everything philosophy when it comes to unit testin
* Ability to contribute to and thrive in an agile development environment
Nice to have
* Experience with big data services running in the cloud, e.g. AWS
ElasticSearch, Azure Synapse
* Experience with software containers (e.g. Docker) and orchestration
systems such as Mesos and Kubernetes
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.