Storage Manager Mainframe (z/OS) - Zurich
Posted on Oct 11, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Duration: 6months +
Do you have an understanding of what it takes to keep a Mainframe storage environment save, clean and stable? Do you know how to work effectively with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure? For our Storage Management team in Zurich, Switzerland, we are looking for a Storage Manager with excellent technical and communication skills allied with a strong commitment to customer service to serve and support a world class leading z/OS Mainframe environment. With our team you will:
- be responsible for service areas/projects within the SLS area and for providing 24x7 support by Onsite and On-call service for applications which run on the IBM z/OS platform covering multiple regions in different time zones.
- provide services based on the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and ensure the availability of storage entities for all production-, test- and development environments.
- work closely together with other support as well as engineering teams to develop/integrate storage related tools and infrastructure components.
- setup and maintain SMS managed storage subsystems in a highly automated z/OS Mainframe environment, define Backup/Recovery processes and provide support for it.
- support application in storage parameter definition, incident an problem management.
- be responsible for defining rules for data handling and the implementation in the Storage Subsystems, as well as providing reports and evidence for audit requirements.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Infra Core team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You will be working in the Storage Management team in Zürich and you will interact with the Engineering teams and the related Support teams in Basel/Zurich and Weehawken. Storage Management team is responsible for setting up and maintaining the storage environments in a way that data is available at any point in time and with the lowest resource consumption possible.
Your experience and skills
- Several years of experience in a similar position in storage management
- good knowledge of contemporary storage hardware environments (TS7700, VSP, )
- expert knowledge of z/OS Mainframes, in particular storage management and DFSMS subsystems
- excellent know how in TSO/E, REXX, DFSORT and z/OS, Assembler a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of related utilities and tools (RMF, BMC Mainview, etc.)
- experience in data handling and migration in GDPS/PPRC and DFSMSrmm environments
- the ability to analyze disk and tape performance and to develop solutions for improvement
- production support skills in a high availability environment with strong customer service focus
- familiar with configuration, maintenance, optimization and support in the area of disk and tape management and archive solutions based on DFSMSdss, DFSMShsm, and DFSMSoam
- Experience in supporting multiple large scale development, QA and production environments
- familiar with storage tools like CR+, TDMF and FlashCopy® functionality
- good in Mastering the Microsoft Office palette (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- fluent in English and/or German, self-motivated and prepared to self-study to develop your skills
- a hands on person with a natural instinct to serve and support the customer