Senior Security Engineer (Incident Response)
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by Lanyon
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services - online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities - have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
Let's face it. Technology move fast. In order to secure that technology, you need to be just as fast. Being agile in security today requires a combination of development, system engineering, and investigative skills.
That's where you come in! You are passionate about security. You are at home with incident investigation, but not afraid to dive into the engineering side of things to create or optimize solutions to make incident response easier.
This position at Cvent is a technical, hands-on role that involves investigating and responding to information security incidents. The role will also include supporting engineering efforts that facilitate incident handling. This may include work in SIEMS, SOAR platforms, EDR solutions, and Threat Intelligence Platforms (TIPs). A focus of the work will be on efficient Incident Response in dynamic cloud environments. You should also be able to adapt quickly and find creative ways to implement solutions in a fast-paced and high-profile technology landscape. You will work with the latest security tools, systems, and network technologies. A thirst for knowledge, a curious mind, and the desire to continuously stay abreast of new developments in the dynamic security space is a must.
- Conduct and manage security incident investigations for both corporate and product environments
- Perform Tier 3 responsibilities in support of the SOC when required
- Help keep incident response plans, runbooks, and other business processes current
- Assist with optimizing and auditing content development in support of incident detection and investigation capabilities
- Create automated incident response solutions in SOAR platforms or via other AWS native solutions.
- Track and report on security incident investigations
- Assist with the management and operations of incident response supporting platforms as needed.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other departments in the company to support incident response efforts, ensuring security is appropriately leading security incident handling
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies related to Cloud Security
- 4+ years of experience in security engineering, security operations, or security incident response
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Some familiarity with scripting in support of digital forensics and incident response
- Familiarity with incorporating cyber threat intelligence into incident response
- Experience investigating security incidents in AWS Cloud
- Some experience with the AWS platform and services such as Config, Security Hub, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3, WAF, Guard Duty, Shield
- Ability to adapt to a hyper-growth pace and changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with common classes of security tools: SIEM, DLP, WAF, NGAV, and Vulnerability Scanners
- Knowledge of high traffic and other cloud-based infrastructures and how they affect security needs (i.e. cloud infrastructure, AWS, Serverless SOA architectures) would be a plus
- Proficiency in Python or Java languages
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent Maintains a drug-free workplace.