Service Desk Support
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client is looking for a contractor with Service Desk Support experience for a contract opportunity.
- This is remote for now through the end of the year, may need to work onsite if extended into next year.
- Schedule is Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday between the hours of 10:00am-7:30pm (8 hour shift)
- Because this is remote, need to be self-sufficient, and training will also be done remotely
- Windows, POS, SCCM is preferred. SQL Database a plus as well as tablet experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles all inbound customer support calls and provides initial troubleshooting of basic network issues, hardware and software issues pertaining to retail point-of-sale equipment; additionally, will relate and instruct through various process/procedural steps.
- Communicates with customers and gives them a comfort level that their issue is being properly addressed.
- Creates support tickets in ServiceNow for all technical support inquires via incoming calls or email.
- Accurately documents and records technical support calls and events (call receipt, documentation entry, tracking, follow-up, and escalations) in ticket and tracking software applications.
- Escalates or assigns tickets to other resolver groups/departments as required.
- Responsible for follow-up on all issues, maintains quality assurance of tickets, and monitors ticket status to ensure timely resolution.
- Support new store openings, remodels/relocations, and closings, as well as any planned project implementations and rollouts.
- Ensure all store sales data files are polled successfully every day. This involves processing files and following up on files that did not poll to ensure they complete and post.
- Consistently exceeds customer expectations.
- Performs according to documented metrics and defined goals.
- Adheres to established operations standards and procedures recommending appropriate modifications and process improvements.
- Continuously self-develops and self-improves technical knowledge and customer service skills.
- Attends required training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- IT Degree or equivalent related IT experience
- Certifications preferred such as A+, Network+, and ITIL.
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- 2+ years help desk experience preferred.
- 2+ years Windows, Point-of-Sale, and tablet experience preferred; SCCM experience preferred; SQL Database experience a plus.
- 2+ years troubleshooting telecommunications and networking including LANs, wireless, Intranet, Internet, and telephony preferred.
- 2+ years working with a ticketing system such as Service Now preferred.
- Customer service focused with the ability to adapt and respond to different personality styles. Ability to remain professional and courteous at all times.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.