Senior SAS Developer
Posted on Oct 9, 2020 by ComTech Europe Limited
My client in the HealthCare sector in Belgium is looking for a senior SAS Developer Consultant to reinforce the DWH team. Currently, the organization is working day-in, day-out on pressing requests originating from different governments on the topic of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will have the opportunity to participate in end-to-end projects in various domains. From business intelligence, data warehousing, data quality, data integration and big data to corporate performance management.
My client is looking for senior candidates, who are immediately available with(+7)y of relevant IT experience, and you must have certification in SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Programming with proven experience in setting up a new SAS environment. Certification in SAS data integration studio is a big plus.
We are searching for people who can manage complex environments and can perform under pressure. Someone who has demonstrated ability in delivering SAS solutions that include architecture, analysis, programming, design, product installation, testing and support.
Please note due to current Covid restrictions a lot of work will be Remote but candidates should be willing to visit client site when Covid restrictions allow.
The SAS Expert/developer will be responsible for:
- Data extraction with SAS
- Support the operation of complex SAS infrastructures
- Managing databases that house large quantities of information
- Monitoring of data loads
- Documenting different processes (functional and technical)
- Write and execute test scripts and write test reports
- Implement a clear reporting governance with the aim of adjusting and supporting front/mid/compliance teams and related management decisions.
- Developing a SAS library engine for reporting
- Integrate dashboards
- Drawing data quality plans, data migration, data analysis
- Implementation of best-practices in design and reusability
- Evaluation and adoption of new solutions and technologies
- Coaching of junior colleagues Expectations
- Very good knowledge of Base SAS (+7)y,
- Deep understanding of the SAS software
- Certification in SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS DI, SAS BI, SAS Macro, SAS OLAP Studio, SAS XML Mapper
- Oracle DB
- Experience with the migration of a DWH
- Very good knowledge of "Job Control Language"
- Experience with developing complex SQL queries
- Good knowledge of the life cycle of data warehouses and their architecture
- Experience in the healthcare sector, pharmaceutical sector or a clinical environment is a plus
- Good communicator, comfortable with a lot of remote work due to Covid
- Excellent English, French and/or Dutch language skills preferred.